The other day GreekMelie tagged me for this “write 10 things about yourself” thing. And since I have nothing fitness related to blog about I thought, “Eh, what the heck.” So without further ado…
1. I am always on time. Actually, that’s not true. Often, I’m early.
2. I have six years of post collegiate work experience. Over that time, four people have made me cry – at work, about work. On all four occasions I (fortunately) managed to hold it together until a private moment.
3. I am really good at MS Excel. You name it, and I can do it. (And, yes, it can be done.) Seriously. If you ever need some spreadsheet help, just let me know. Maybe I shouldn’t be confessing to my geekery, but I actually like doing it.
4. If I were any more passionate about gay rights I would have to marry a woman. Oh wait. That’s illegal. And that’s ridiculous.
5. On two separate occasions a teacher of mine overhead me talking smack about her. My English teacher – junior year of high school. And my Kinetics professor – senior year of college. Both of them confronted me about it. And that was awkward. Both times.
6. I used to be a singer. I can still sort of sing, but I damaged my voice in college and lost about an octave of my upper range. I will forever be depressed about this. I try not to think about it because I’m not emotionally mature enough to handle it. Just imagine someone telling you you’ll never be able to run again. Then multiply that feeling by INFINITY. And then remember when you’re dog/grandma died? Yeah, add that. And square it. You’re just starting to get in the ballpark.
7. My mom was a nun for 18 years before she got married and had me. My dad was a brew master. Not a priest.
8. The very first race I ever registered for was a full marathon. I’m not very good at moderation.
9. I have never considered myself shy, but know that if I ever meet you I will be nervous.
10. We’re a full-sized candy bar house.