Happy New Year! I celebrated by falling asleep on the couch around 10:00 pm. I woke up for about 5 minutes. Long enough to see the ball drop and Lady Gaga shivering in the cold.
I suppose that means it’s time to talk 2012 and what I plan to do with it. On the fitness front I have one primary goal:
1) Run a full marathon – I’ve completed one full marathon in my day. Avenue of the Giants in 2006. Some of you may recall that this was the first race I ever registered for, and the second race I ever ran. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing both in training and during the event. Needless to say, it wasn’t pleasant. I was happy to cross the finish line and swore I would never do one again.
Well friends, after 5 years I’m ready for a rematch. I don’t want to simply finish. I’ve already done that. I want to train properly and run a decent race. I will have a time goal. I have absolutely no idea what it will be at this point, but I will by the time I get there.
The marathon will most likely happen at the end of the year. I need time to get back into running and build a sufficient base. This is by no means finalized, but I have my eye on CIM.
And one secondary goal:
2) Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight – I’m right on track to gain about 40 pounds. I would have preferred to gain the recommended 25-35, but my doctor tells me this is okay for my size. So there it is.
I don’t plan on doing any crazy dieting. But I should be able to lose it by the end of the year.
There are a few other fitness related things I would like to do, but won’t beat myself up over if they don’t happen:
3) Get back into a regular Bikram yoga practice – I expect it will take some time to get back into yoga after the baby is born. Mostly because it will be logistically challenging. I will consider myself a superstar if I’m in the habit of going once a week by the end of the year.
4) Complete the 200 sit-ups challenge
5) Complete the 100 push-ups challenge (“girl” push-ups are allowed)
I’m pretty excited to back up and out there! Let’s get this show on the road!