Ruby will be one week old tomorrow. Holy crap this baby business is CRAZY. Pretty much everyday I ask Jason what day it is. They all just seem to blur together. Here are my top ten learnings after a week on the job.
10. Labor is DEFINITELY more painful than running a marathon.
9. Epidurals are the greatest thing since sliced bread. Actually, I take that back. I would take an epidural over a slice of bread any day.
8. Ruby operates in two states of being: won’t sleep or won’t wake up. Now if only we could get her to do exactly the opposite.
7. Grandma is much better at calming the baby than Mom is.
6. I am totally on board with the poopy diaper, spit up thing. That’s by far the easiest bit to manage.
5. The baby blues are no joke. I cry somewhere between 10 and 20,000 times per day.
4. I have a feeling losing the pregnancy weight is going to be a breeze. Simply because I can’t seem to remember to eat. Jason is already down 10 pounds. (I know. Don’t worry. I don’t plan on taking up anorexia.)
3. Jason also happens to be the world’s greatest man, husband and father (already). I think I’ll keep him around.
2. Breastfeeding is WAY harder than Chemical Engineering. I know because I’ve now done both with marginal success. I could already write a book about my trials and tribulations, but I’ll spare you the details for now. Let’s just say the jury is still out on whether it will all come together.
1. Getting out of the house is awesome. We went for a walk and broke in the BOB for the first time yesterday.