It’s now July. The year is over halfway through. Let’s check in on the 2012 fitness goals, shall we?
1) Run a full marathon. I have not done this yet. I am, however, registered for CIM. That means I’ve literally put my money where my mouth is. And I’m pretty actively working on building my base. So I would say I’m totally on track.
2) Get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Truth be told I was hoping to lose it in something less than about 6 months. But I gave myself to the end of the year, and it’s a good thing I did.
I gained about 35 pounds while I was pregnant and lost about 25 of it in the first two weeks. Over the next several months I lost all of about 1 pound. I was beginning to worry that I would have to do more than just run a lot. I was afraid I would have to DIET. Yuck.
But over the last month I’ve lost about 3 pounds. I’m not quite sure why. I guess maybe my mileage is high enough now that I’m starting to create a calorie deficit. So I have about 4 pounds to go. Plus whatever I gained back on vacation due to a lack of running and a diet of potato chips and brownies.
It may not sound like much, but those last few will be the toughest. I’m hoping I don’t have to resort to the D-word. We shall see. Overall, I suppose I’m on track.
3) Get back into a regular yoga practice. My goal is and was to go once a week. And I think I’ve done a pretty good job with it. I do miss some weeks, but only when I can’t make it work around Jason’s work schedule.
4) Complete the 200 sit-ups challenge. I started it. I’m on week two…for the third week. I’m having a hard time remembering to do it. I figure it will only take a few minutes and keep putting it off throughout the day. Before you know it, the day is done and the sit-ups are not. So I need to get better about this.
5) Complete the 100 push-ups challenge. Ditto.