Sara, of moments of exhilaration, has been working on a 30 Before 30 list. Her list includes things like climb a 14K and write a book. She plans to do this and (HOLY CRAP!) 28 other things before she turns 30 in October.
For months I’ve been reading as she’s checked things off her list. For months I’ve been loving on this idea. I mean, I’m turning 30 in October as well. And, hell, I really like lists. But I’m not even going to pretend like I can climb a mountain or write a book in between playing peek-a-boo and not taking showers.
That’s when it hit me! Why not make a totally do-able 30 before 30 list? A list of things I really want to do, but just don’t make the time for. A list of treats really. Nothing quite as grandiose as a bucket list. Something more like a… small container list.
1. Take a long, hot shower.
2. Pick out some books for Ruby at an actual book store.
3. Watch a movie in the theater.
4. Surprise someone with a present just because.
5. Paint my toenails.
6. Buy something for myself I really don’t need.
7. Run a race.
8. Pick out a Halloween costume for Ruby.
9. Go on a date with Jason.
10. Do something artsy.
11. Go to a coffee shop and blog WITHOUT the baby.
12. Buy a piece of lingerie.
13. Go to the Sausalito Art Festival.
14. Sleep in.
15. Eat at a nice restaurant.
16. Get a haircut.
17. Eat a sundae at Fentons Creamery.
18. Quit being cheap and buy a new pair of running shoes.
19. Use that gift certificate I got for Christmas and get a massage already!
20. Drink a real glass of wine. You know, the kind with alcohol in it.
21. Go to story time at the library.
22. Get dressed up and put on makeup.
23. Bake something fattening.
24. Set up a play date with someone outside of the mom’s group.
25. Pick out a sewing project and buy the supplies.
26. Treat my mom to scones at First Street Cafe.
27. Write a short story.
28. Go swimming WITH the baby.
29. Assuming I’m set up to accomplish #28 – buy a new swimming suit.
30. Celebrate my birthday!
Anyone else with me? What’s on your small container list?