Just so you know, this post is going to be the antithesis of “good writing.”
Okay, you’ve been warned.
I need some advice on several completely unrelated topics:
1) Blog recommendations. A good childhood friend of mine is going through a difficult time… on many fronts. I am doing my best to support her and love her through it all. Although I can relate to her feelings, I can’t relate to her particular situation.
The blogging/social media circuit has been an incredible shoulder for me to lean on throughout my rendezvous with PPD and life in general. I just know there has to be a community out there that I can introduce her to. One that will make her feel less alone.
So I am looking for blogs (or Tweeters etc.) written by those recovering from drug and/or alcohol addiction.
2) Running app recommendations. I would like an app that tracks planned and actual runs. Something really simple is perfectly fine. I’d like to be able to see that I’m supposed to run, say, 2 miles on 3/1. And then that I actually ran zero… err, I mean 10 miles.
So probably something calendar-ish. It probably doesn’t even need to be a running app. I’m mostly interested in something like this for scheduling purposes. So I can look at my calendar and say, “Sure! My calendar’s wide open next Thursday! …Except for that 50* mile run I need to do! Phew! Good thing I installed that new app my bloggy friends told me about.”
3) Parenting advice. I’m having patience issues in two areas. The issue is that I have none. ZERO patience. And infinity amounts of guilt about my lack of patience.
First issue – Ruby throws a fit just about every time I try and change her diaper or clothes lately. Mostly what gets me is the kicking. Especially the kicking of me. In my boob. But I’m not really a fan of the rolling over, sitting up, knocking the white noise machine off the table either. How do I make this stop? (Besides trying to keep her entertained in a smiley way. Because, like I said, zero patience.)
Second issue – Throwing food on the floor. Aaaaahhh!!! Tips? Especially for the times she looks me right in the eye, slowly extends her arm and RELEASES.
4) Input on my hair. I’m getting bored. I need a new style. And I want something BOLD. I died my hair the bright red color seen here the morning of my wedding. (My hair stylist nearly had a nervous breakdown over that, by the way.) Well, I would like a hairSTYLE along those lines. Links to pics would be AWESOME. Anything short-short to medium length. And I am (you may want to have a seat Outlaw Mama) open to bangs.
5) Diaper bag recommendations. Just as soon as I decide to spend the money, I would like a diaper bag that looks like a real purse. It should be large and fabulous. Mostly I don’t want the exterior fabric looking too “wipeable.” You know what I mean.
Help please! Ready? GO!!!
*Of course I don’t have 50 mile runs on my training schedule. That’s ridiculous. I just needed a number that sounded big enough to fill up my entire day. Otherwise, you might think I should have just went ahead and made those plans I was considering. See?